Saturday, February 10, 2018

Sunset at Mohave Point - All Done

Sunset at Mohave Point  56 x 40 inches
 This is going to be a short blog - I'm just showing you the finished quilt. Yesterday I cleaned my sewing room and took some pictures for the show circuit. Today I'm off to visit family and then next week I hope to start on another landscape... just don't quite know what I want to do! 


Squaring it up
 In my last blog, this quilt was being blocked. I had steamed the heck out of it and it was 'setting/drying'.  The next step is to square up the corners and make the sides even, etc. To do it, I just dragged my cutting mat under the quilt and used my husbands T Square. (It's mine now... I doubt he misses it, lol.)
Making the sides even 
 So for some dumb reason when I blocked my quilt, one side was 1/2 inch shorter than the other. Time to stretch out that short side! I pinned both sides together and then pinned them to the floor again and steamed it.  After setting/drying over night, both sides are the same height. (40 inches.)

And here it is. I think I better do something a little easier for my next project since I'm not feeling the need for such intense work.

Happy Quilting everyone and I hope you like my landscape!

7 comments:

  1. I love your quilt!! It's a great piece and I love how I learn something from your work. Thanks so much for sharing. Pam Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I'm glad you like my blog and I hope I've been of help to you. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

      Delete
  2. Cathy, I love your quilt! The more I look at it, the colours really seem to show you the depth of the mountains. Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Great to follow along with your process - including the ups and downs!

    ReplyDelete