Thursday, January 22, 2015

More Quilts from AQS Albuquerque - People

Detail from Chasing Bubbles" by Hiroko Miyama
Today I'm just going to upload more beautiful quilts from the AQS Show in Albuquerque. This time, I'm showing you how various quilters represented people in fabric.  I hope you'll like them and be as amazed as I was when I saw them!



"Dreamtime" by Antonia Hering 

"She Who Blazes Trails" by Michael D Marsh and Lynn O'Neil

"Chasing Bubbles" by Hiroko Miyama



"Obituary" by Jackie Manley

"The Cattleman's Domain" by Katheryn Russi

"That Secret" by Denise Havlan

"Christ in Gold" by Laurie Tigner

"Peace, Love and Rock n' Roll" by Karen Watts

Detail, "Peace, Love and Rock n' Roll" by Karen Watts

Detail, "Peace, Love and Rock n' Roll" by Karen Watts

"On the Town" by Kay Donges

"Grace" by Jennifer Day

Detail, "Grace" by Jennifer Day

"The Dancer" by Joyce O'Connell

"Together we Dance" by Patsy Heacox

 I've met Patsy and she is the nicest lady. Her quilts routinely beat mine at various quilt shows, lol. I really like the Navajo Beauty Way prayer which is quoted a bit in one of the sentences below. 


Detail, "Together we Dance" by Patsy Heacox
~ Here is the prayer ~
 Today may I walk out in beauty.

With beauty may I walk.
With beauty before me, may I walk.
With beauty behind me, may I walk.
With beauty above me, may I walk.
With beauty below me, may I walk.
With beauty around me, may I walk.
It is finished in beauty.
It is finished in beauty.

Detail, "Together we Dance" by Patsy Heacox

Detail, "Together we Dance" by Patsy Heacox

Detail, "Together we Dance" by Patsy Heacox

"Samson and Delilah" by Jerry Granata
 She was baaaad! 

And the last quilt - 

"This is My Last, Last Price" by Anne Armour
Well I'm off to my sewing room. I've started to quilt on that sunset you saw me making a few weeks ago.  I'm really wanting to get it done fast, but I know that I'll do sloppy work if I don't slow down a bit!  I think my impatience to finish a project and get on to the next one is a big reason why my quilting isn't the best. Ugh.

I hope you liked this little cyber quilt show! I'll be getting to the traditional and the modern quilts from this show soon.

Comments are welcome. 

6 comments:

  1. Stunning quilts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing them. :)

      Delete
  2. Those quilts are unbelievable. It is amazing the artistry that can be achieved in fabric! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It seems like fiber art and quilting have just exploded in the art world. You're welcome. When we were a younger family we were too broke for me to go to phenomenal quilt shows out of state. Now the shows are more frequent and closer to home, and my kids have grown up so I can get away more. I try to take a lot of photos and post them so that other's with less means can still see and be inspired by all the beautiful quilts. :)

      Delete
  3. How inspiring! Thank you for transporting us to the show through your eyes and pictures.

    ReplyDelete