Monday, March 14, 2016

Finishing up Projects and More Insects to Elephants

I won a ribbon! 
 Hi everyone! It has been sooo long since I blogged that I'm not sure how to do it anymore, lol. A couple of months ago RJR contacted me to make them two strip pieced landscape quilts using their batiks. The problem was that I had to have them done by the end of February.... 
All that translates to no social media time and no time to goof off - I made 3 quilts in the last month! Now I have good and bad news about them. 

First to good news - RJR loved them, is going to make kits from them! I'm writing up the patterns now because a big prestigious quilting catalog company wants to sell them. (A certain company in Maine! in case you know the one.)

Bad news? 
I can't show you these quilts until July. If you are friends with me on facebook you might have noticed that the images I had posted are gone. 

When July comes around though, I'll blog about each quilt including step by step photos, etc. They are both 'Fall' season quilts and both involve strips of fabric and sunsets. 

The third quilt I made last month was for a very dear couple of ours who are expecting their first baby in a month or so. I'll be showing you that quilt soon. 

In the meantime, I thought I'd finish showing you the last of the best photos I took from the Insects to Elephants exhibition at the Wisconsin Quilt Museum in Cedarburg. 



Illiamna by Barbara Yates Beasley
 I was so impressed with her fabrics and shading - and those eyes! I uploaded some closeup shots for you. 
Illiamna by Barbara Yates Beasley, closeup

Illiamna by Barbara Yates Beasley, closeup of the eyes
 Here is the label for the quilt - 
Add caption
 My next quilt is by Judy Coates Perez 
Arbol de Vida by Judy Coates Perez
 And here is a closeup from this quilt. She made this is 2007 by the way. 
Arbol de Vida by Judy Coates Perez, closeup
 This fabric collage is made by Grace Errea.
El Jefe by Grace Errea
 What a skillful use of color and value- doesn't the lion look like he is focused on something? 
Ell Jefe by Grace Errea

 The museum is in an old renovated barn. This means that some of the quilts are hanging high and it was impossible to get 'perfect' pictures from them so you'll have to try to get past the distortion.  

Sharif by Barbara Yates Beasley

First Out of the Nest by Myra Van Uxem

The Sentry of Santorini Island by David Taylor

Peanuts by Norma Klimpke

How Much is that Doggie in the Window by Linda Ruess Benson

Oh What Fun by Linda Ruess Benson

I messed up and didn't take a picture of the label - I don't know who made this beautiful butterfly.  If anyone does - please let me know!

Messed up on this one too!

Gouldians by Barbara Strobel Lardon

Oh Deer Look What's Become of Me by Judy Coates Perez

Kim Wants to Quilt by Tax Needs a Belly Rub by David M Taylor


 Well, I hope you enjoyed another one of my 'quilt shows'.  Now I can tidy up my blog folder and start preparing photos for the next one! I'm doing  a LOT of teaching this Spring and what with all the deadlines I have coming up I don't know how much time I'll have to blog. But at least you know I'm still around and quilting!




No comments:

Post a Comment