Monday, August 18, 2014

The Sue Patten Collection, part of the Upper Midwest Quilt Show 2014

Sue Patten

Hi again! I'm almost ready to blog about the string pieced quilt I've been working on all summer, but in the meantime I thought I'd share with you some quilts that were part of a special exhibit at the Upper Midwest Quilt Show.  These quilts are all made by Sue Patten and are thread painted or embroidered!  I thought they were amazing.
Sue Patten 

Here is a detail photo - these geometric shapes are created through stitching. 

Sue Patten
 Marvelous thread painting!


 She had some beautiful tropical bird quilts - don't you love the way she created feathers?

Sue Patten 
Just look at the way she painted the leaves, so cool!

Sue Patten


 Here is another geometric thread painted design - 



 And lastly, there is an Asian scene with beautiful women.
Sue Patten


Well, back to work. I hope to have something of my own quilty devices here soon. There is an interesting story to come about 'great minds thinking alike' and copyright and patterns and headaches, lol.

Comments welcome!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw her on The Quilt Show a couple of years ago, and she talked about how she's able to keep track of the changing colors in the variegated thread! Can you imagine? On a longarm? Her work is so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can keep track of that!? Wow. You are right, I can't imagine! She is a very talented and skilled lady. Very talented. :)

      Delete