Friday, April 25, 2014

Sunset continuing...

Instead of working today, I'll just blog about working.

Actually, the Fold/Sew rows are done on the top part of my sunset quilt so let me share with you the steps I took to get this part done. 

Ellie approves

 In my last blog I showed you some of the steps I took to get the strips on a foundation.  Now I'll show you what to do once you get there.  *Hint*  (It involves folding and sewing along those rows you drew!)


 Fold your foundation and sew 1/4 inch from the fold. That's all! (Of course there are a few things more to it, you have to make sure that there is no fabric bunched into your seam allowances and that you sew with tiny stitches.)


This is a shot of the foundation, some of the rows have been stitched, some haven't. 


 Once the rows have been folded and sewn, tear the foundation away from the seam allowances.



If you have done everything right, the foundation will pull away fairly easily!


The sky is all sewn together.  That bit of white might be a problem, but I'm not sure yet. I can always fix it later so I'll wait and see.  NOW~ on to the water and foreground! (I really need to get to work)  


Comments welcome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment